In order to find a real estate broker or agent who meets your needs and makes your buying or selling experience a positive one, Century 21 Real Estate Corporation recommends you:
1. DO NOT blindly walk into or call a neighborhood firm and ask for an agent at random.
2. Ask friends and family for recommendations.
3. Interview several real estate agents:
– Find out their history with the brokerage, their experience and background.
– Gauge their knowledge of your favorite towns.
– Ask for a list of previous clients and their phone numbers.
4. Pay attention to whether a potential agent is listening closely to what you say.
– Is he or she asking follow-up questions which prompt further explanation and help him or her understand exactly your needs and wants?
5. Give a potential agent the opportunity to educate you.
– A good agent should walk a customer through the buying or selling process before ever showing properties or discussing a specific transaction.
6. Have a good idea of what you expect from an agent and communicate those expectations.
– How often do you want to hear from your agent?
– Do you want to hold meetings at your house rather than the real estate office?
7. Weigh the benefits of working with an experienced agent versus a novice.
– An experienced agent may have more insight, but a new agent may have innovative ideas or more energy and time.
8. Find an agent who complements your personality.
– If you like to start your day at 7:00 a.m., don’t choose an agent who arrives to the office at 10:00 a.m.
– If your preferred method of communication is e-mail, don’t choose an agent whose most advanced technology is a fax machine.
9. Evaluate the agent’s firm and/or office.
– Look for a real estate organization whose agents can empower you with real estate expertise and resources and provide first-rate customer service.
10. Look for an agent who will be your partner.
– Find someone you trust, who will give you the facts, help you make intelligent, well-informed decisions and work with you throughout the entire process.
To find a CENTURY 21 agent near you, call 1-800-4-HOUSES.
About Century 21 Real Estate LLC
Century 21 Real Estate LLC (century21.com) is the franchisor of the world’s largest residential real estate sales organization, providing comprehensive training and marketing support for the CENTURY 21 System. The System is comprised of approximately 7,100 independently owned and operated franchised broker offices in 74 countries and territories worldwide with more than 100,000 sales professionals. Century 21 Real Estate LLC is a subsidiary of Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), a global leader in real estate franchising and provider of real estate brokerage, relocation and settlement services.
©2013 Century 21 Real Estate LLC. All Rights Reserved CENTURY 21® and the CENTURY 21 Logo are Registered Trademarks Owned By Century 21 Real Estate LLC. Century 21 Real Estate LLC fully supports the principles of the Fair Housing Act and the Equal Opportunity Act. Each CENTURY 21 Office is Independently Owned and Operated.